OK so this one is seriously simple and seriously delish! One of my favourite weekend breakfasts and always goes down well with guests – better still hardly any pots to clean up afterwards!
Ingredients (serves 1)
1 chunky slice of gluten free bread (It’s got to be a homemade loaf for me!)
1 large free range egg (trust me free range eggs make much better runny eggs – and they’re barely more expensive these days!)
A couple of slices of smoked salmon (cold smoked not hot)
Butter (for your toast if desired)
Salt, pepper and dried parsley for seasoning and serving
- Prepare – Fill a deep frying pan with water and a decent sprinkle of salt. Bring the water to the boil, once bubbling turn right down .
- Egg – Place a poaching ring or round cookie cutter in the pan, give it a moment to warm up. Gently crack in the egg, don’t break the yolk or it will over cook.
- Toast – Toast and butter your bread while the egg cooks.
- Salmon – Neatly place the salmon on the toast, I like to give the slices a little fold (it just looks good!)
- Serve – Once the egg whites turn white from translucent – your egg is ready – any longer you’ll miss out on that awesome runny middle! Gently lift out the egg using a spatula with holes or a skimmer place it on the salmon, season and sprinkle with the parsley.
- Enjoy and have a great day!